Hi, I'm Ken.
I'm a thirty-something guy living in North Carolina who is finally
married, much to my parents' relief. I am relatively thin and neat,
and now I finally have evidence that I'm not gay.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
When I am sober, I work as a software engineer, but my real passion is
writing, which is why I have this web site. It seems to be okay if one
drinks while writing; in fact, it even seems to be encouraged. But you
show up to work drunk ONE TIME and you get in SO MUCH TROUBLE, GEEZ.
If you want to contact me,
This is a list of some of my favorite things. I'll add, delete, and
change these things from time to time.
- Favorite serious movies: "The Shawshank Redemption", "American Beauty",
"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".
- Favorite funny movies: "Office Space", "The Blues Brothers", "SuperBad".
- Favorite television shows: "Lost" (ABC), "Heroes" (NBC).
- Favorite actors: Tom Hanks, Kevin Spacey, Bill Murray.
- Favorite actresses: Parker Posey, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Scarlett Johansson.
- Favorite book: The World According to Garp by John Irving.
It's a book written for writers.
- Favorite children's books: The Wrinkle In Time trilogy by
- Favorite foods: Sushi, filet mignon, buffalo chicken wings, blue
cheese burgers, reuben sandwiches,
- Favorite appetizer sampler: Pupu platter.
- Favorite beach: Poipu Beach, Kauai.
- Favorite thing to install in a door: Peephole.
- Favorite booze: Grey Goose vodka.
- Favorite possession: My Yamaha Clavinova digital piano.
- Favorite article of clothing: A jacket from Barney's Co-op in
- Favorite flower: Tulips.
- Favorite body part: Lips.
- Favorite movie behind-the-scenes people: Grips.
- Favorite SNL skits: Chris Farley as a motivational speaker;
episodes: "The Contest", "The Marine Biologist",
"The Betrayal", "The Frogger". (Man, this was a hard list to
- Favorite "Star Trek" character: Spock.
- Favorite utensil: Spork.
- Favorite play in Rock-Paper-Scissors: Rock.
- Favorite Charlie Brown quote: "I got a rock."
- Favorite comedian: Chris Rock.
for information on some of my side enterprises.
The Real Kato Online is made possible by: